Rectortown United Methodist Church (RUMC) Advent Activities and Interfaith Chanukah Service
As the 2019 holidays rush in, we would like to remind you of some RUMC sponsored activities and our Interfaith Chanukah Service. Three years ago we planted a community tree (Colorado Blue Spruce) along Route 710, in front of RUMC. And, began setting out a Menorah and holding a join Chanukah Service. Each of these symbols share deep religious meaning as well as being integrated into society in general. We would like to invite you all again this year to join in on the events. Please join us and bring a friend, children, grandchildren and others;
- 30 November, 12:00 - 3:00 PM, there will a light lunch and time to make a commuity tree ornament, as well as help decorate the tree with previously made ornaments. Come make one or bring a favorite from home.
- 1 December, 10:00 AM Worship* 5:00 - 8:00 PM, following a light meal we will decorate the sanctuary tree and outside area, and set out the Menorah. At around 7:00 we will light both the sanctuary and community trees.
- 8 December, 10:00 AM Worship* service and placing poisettias in memory of a loved one.
- 15 December, 10.00 AM Worship* service there will be a snack and craft session - 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
- 22 December, 10:00 AM Worship* service.
- 23 December, 5:30 PM Chanukah Service, lead by Rabbi Rose Jacob.
- 24 December, 5:30 PM Christmas Eve Candle Light Service.
- 25 December, Christmas - no worship service.
* Communion will be offered, all are welcome to participate.
If you have any questions please contact Pstor Steve Weedling - 540-340-2569 or Larry Scheuble - 540-272-2162.
Grace and peace to you in the name of our risen Lord, Jesus Christ! Welcome to Rectortown United Methodist Church! I hope you enjoy your worship experience with us! I am Pastor Steve Weedling, and I want you to know that I am here to serve you.
My call in ministry is to be open, inviting, and inclusive to all who seek a relationship with God and with others, remembering always that relationships do not grow in isolation, but in community. I believe that for relationships to truly flourish there must be trust; and that trust doesn’t just happen, but grows from both the knowledge and the experience of the ‘other’ – whether that ‘other’ is person, or God. I am committed to providing a safe environment for all people, as together we engage in meaningful worship, prayer, the study of scripture, and mission. In all of these ways our faith grows, and we - and the world around us - are transformed.
I am grateful to God for this opportunity to share our faith journeys with one another! And, I am excited by the possibilities and the wonders that will be revealed as God calls us and leads us into tomorrow!
Please feel free to contact me with any thoughts, questions, or prayer requests you may have; or, just to talk story with one another!
Office: (540) 364-1066
Cell: (540) 340-2569
Didn't find what you needed? Visit our FAQ's page by clicking the link below. If you still need additional information not found in our FAQ's, Drop us a line below.